About This Product
The motivated team produces at or above the level
expected by top management, has only occasional absences or tardiness,
and experiences low employee turnover. With this leaders' guide
you will learn effective techniques to build a coaching atmosphere
for cultivating such a team. Also, you will learn to develop communication
skills as a team leader to support the coaching process, and to
understand what fosters team participation.
Obtain the highest quality management skills quickly
and cost effectively. Every leaders' guide has been designed, developed,
and written with adult learning theory and information mapping
considerations. Engaging and lively content combines an optimal
mix of case studies, charts, tips, and guidelines. Also included
are our pre- and post-program assessments, which are highly effective
tools for guiding the learning process and providing critical
evaluation. Each content page has opposing pages for notes and each leaders' guide may also be used by a facilitator or as a self-study guide for self-paced learning.
Workbooks are reproducible for a $15.00
royalty fee per copy. You can purchase all additional
royalty copies by clicking here
or visiting the reprints page.
Once purchased, download instructions will be sent
to you via email. (PC and MAC Compatible).
These leaders' guides are in pdf format so you will require the
Adobe Acrobat Reader software to view or print them.
When ordering, if you need an extraction
program to unzip the file please visit one of these sites below.
These programs all have free trials that can be used to unzip our
files. Make sure you have your pop-up blockers disabled.
Winzip - http://download.winzip.com/winzip120.exe
Winrar - http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar380.exe
- What is coaching?
- Why should a coach approach each employee differently?
- How is coaching a team effort?
- What can a coach do to build a team?
- What qualities does a professional coach embody?
- How does a professional coach treat his or her employees?
- Why is coaching sometimes misunderstood?
- What can a coach do to promote employee participation?
Upon Completion You Will Be Able To:
- Define coaching and the coaching process.
- Identify specific ways to build a coaching atmosphere.
- Develop motivation and communication skills that support the
- Understand what fosters team effort and participation in order
to increase your impact and effectiveness as a team leader and
Table of Contents/Summary
This resource material has been organized for you
in the following way:
- We begin with an introduction and then present a pre-test
which will help you determine where you are in your awareness
and use of your coaching skills.
- Pre-Test: Coaching -- A Team Effort
- Pre-Test Feedback: Coaching -- A Team Effort
- For some people, coaching as a team effort may be a new concept.
Thinking of coaching as such will create the right mind set
as a prerequisite to the remainder of this material. As with
any team, each member is different and we offer suggestions
on individual employee expectations.
- Presentation: Toward Effective Coaching?
- Individual Employee Expectations
- We examine the nature of coaching, and explain why it is important
to understand coaching as an idea that can help your work unit/department
become more effective.
- Exercise: A Team Leader/Coach/Manager
- Presentation: Building Your Team
- Returning to the aspect of coaching as a team effort, we present
guidelines for building a simple process and teach you how to
use as many of these skills as possible during the coaching
- Chart: Ways To Promote Participation On The Job
- Chart: Ways To Promote Participation At Meetings
- To make this information even more applicable to work related
situations, we have provided two case studies to consider and
to determine what this typical coach did effectively and what
- Graphic: Building A Team
- Exercise: Coaching Sam
- Exercise: Coaching Susan
- We have concluded the program by summarizing the main points
of coaching to reinforce learning.
- Post-Test: Coaching -- A Team Effort
- Post-Test Answers: Coaching -- A Team Effort
- Action Plan