About This Product
Delegating for Results by Andrew E. Schwartz
is an informative popular Business Success Series. This valuable,
self-help guide on delegation is geared towards the inexperienced
and experienced business person looking to develop or hone business
skills that generate success. Very often managers waste time
performing tasks that could be delegated to another employee.
This can result in lower productivity and higher operating costs.
Delegating for Results discusses in uncomplicated straightforward
language, the steps managers should take to prevent such problems.
Up-to-date, practical advice from seasoned professionals, case
histories and insightful quotes from experts are included. Readers
will learn how to:
- Pick the "right" person for the "right"
- Increase motivation among employees.
- Focus on specific goals to ensure expected results.
- Clarify and develop two-way communications.
- Foster pride and professional growth and more.
Delegating for Results is a concise and comprehensive
review with a step by step, logical presentation of pertinent
ideas business people will find invaluable. Very focused, this
resource is an essential part of business success!
About The Author:
Andrew E. Schwartz, CEO of A.E. Schwartz &
Associates, Boston, MA, a comprehensive training and consulting
organization offering over 40 skill based training programs
with participant coursebooks and practical solutions to organizational
problems. Consults and conducts over 150 programs yearly for
clients in Government, Industry, Fortune 500 companies, Hospitals,
Education, and Non-Profit organizations throughout the United
States. A prolific author, he has authored dozens of books,
products, manuals, audio, workbooks and articles on HRD, management
and training. Former manager of training at the Massachusetts
Institute of Technology (Information Services), and currently
training consortium director for the Smaller Business Association
of New England. Has taught and lectures at over a dozen colleges
and universities, and frequently appears on radio and television.
ebooks are reproducible for a $5.00 royalty
fee per copy. You can purchase all additional royalty
copies by clicking here
or visiting the reprints page.
DELEGATING FOR GUARANTEED RESULTS
Chapter 1. What Is Delegation?
This chapter introduces the concept of delegation within an
organization and its components.
- Definition Of Delegation
- Components Of Delegation
- Goal setting
- Benefits Of Delegation
- The Mechanics Of Delegations
Chapter 2. Why And When To Delegate
This chapter outlines various reasons why a manager might want
to delegate tasks and duties to other employees.
- Organizational Reasons
- Build teamwork and cohesion
- Groom employees for promotion
- Have better trained employees
- Too much work for a few people
- Increase efficiency
- Employee Related Reasons
- Develop employee skills
- Give employees a sense of achievement
Chapter 3. Goal Setting
This chapter considers the expectations that one can realistically
set for a delegation project.
- Determining What To Delegate
- Nature of the task: e.g., non-crucial, interesting, challenging
- Employee's skill level and interest in relation to nature of the task
- Logistical considerations: e.g., time constraints, amount of supervision required
- Setting Goals
Chapter 4. Communication
This chapter discusses the importance of delegating tasks to
- The Importance Of Communication For Proper Delegation
- Communication Is The Foundation
- One-way versus two-way
- Incorporate measurements for control
Chapter 5. Supervision
This chapter outlines an important part of delegation -
supervision during the process.
- The Importance Of Supervision To Delegation
- How To Supervise
- Relation to goals
- Amount of supervision
Chapter 6. Motivation
This chapter offers suggestions for getting delegated tasks
completed, particularly difficult or uninteresting tasks.
- When Is Motivation Needed?
- How To Motivate
- Motivation During Delegation
- Special Considerations
- Perfectionism, marginal performers and how to manage
Chapter 7. Evaluating The Delegation Process
This chapter covers how to review the extent to which goals
were met, how the process operated, and how the process
could be improved.
- Meeting Goals
- Follow-up Operations And Controls
- Process Operation
- Possible Improvements
Chapter 8. Summary and Afterward