ReadySetPresent Articles can be purchased for $10.00 and are reproducible for a $1.00 royalty fee per copy. Once purchased, download instructions will be sent to you via email. (PC and MAC Compatible). You can purchase all additional royalty copies by clicking here or visiting the reprints page.
by Andrew E. Schwartz
Sample - Preview Only
- Discourage and discontinue unnecessary meetings.
- Allow participants to come and go as their contribution is needed and completed.
- Ask what is the purpose of the meeting? Is this meeting really necessary?
- Make decisions without meetings. Never use a committee if it can be done individually.
- Whenever you must hold a meeting, use an agenda and stick to it.
- Set a time limit. Start on time and quit on time.
- Invite only those whose attendance is necessary and tell them what will be expected of them.
- Have someone present to take concise notes for any necessary distribution.
- Distribute minutes promptly, within 24 hours.
- Try holding some meetings with everyone standing. More gets done in less time.
- Minimize “small talk.” Do not contribute to unnecessary conversation yourself.
- Spend a few minutes at the end to critique the meeting just concluded.
- Read a good book on how to conduct better meetings.
- Be prepared for the meeting. Resist tangents. Stay on course.
- Consider alternatives to meetings, such as telephone conference calls.
Andrew E. Schwartz, CEO, A.E. Schwartz & Associates of Boston, MA a comprehensive management training and professional development organization offering over 40 skills specific programs and practical solutions to today's business challenges.
Copyright, AE Schwartz & Associates. All rights reserved.
For additional presentation materials and resources: http://www.ReadySetPresent.com.
When ordering, if you need an extraction program to unzip the file please visit one of these sites below. These programs all have free trials that can be used to unzip our files. Make sure you have your pop-up blockers disabled.
this article for $10.00.
Articles are Reproducible for a $1.00 royalty fee per copy.